question

nattynitin avatar image
nattynitin asked ericnute converted comment to answer

"Unhandled event loop execution" message in Error Log

I get these "Unhandled event loop execution" messages (Please refer the attachment) in the Error Log after executing any session or a test case. Everything seems to be working fine but I want to know if it might result in a potential threat in the future.
iTesterror message
errorlogs.zip (36.6 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KumarS avatar image
KumarS answered ericnute converted comment to answer

nattynitin

The exceptions in your log seem to be coming from the following code:

com.mercury.ftjadin.support.swt.cs.CTabFolderCS$3.run(CTabFolderCS.java:54)

I cannot see this widget in Eclipse code (on which iTest is built). Do you have some other software installed for UI testing on your machine (e.g. QTP or Winrunner)?

1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

PaulD avatar image PaulD commented ·
ftjadin appears to be something that QTP installs for its Java support.  You'll need to either uninstall QTP or contact HP support about it. 
0 Likes 0 ·
PaulD avatar image
PaulD answered PaulD posted
Looks like a bug.  Please double-click on one of those entries in the error log.  This will pop up a dialog containing the full stack trace of the exception.  Copy and paste it into a response and we'll take a look.  Alternatively, you could export the entire log into a file and attach it.  (There is an export button in the toolbar of the Error Log view.)
1 comment
10 |950

KumarS avatar image KumarS commented ·
Or you can also go to your workspace directory and you will find a ".metadata" folder in it. Inside this folder, you can see a ".log" file. Please attach that file to the forum post.
0 Likes 0 ·
nattynitin avatar image
nattynitin answered nattynitin posted
Yes QTP is installed in the machine.
1 comment
10 |950

KumarS avatar image KumarS commented ·
QTP injects itself into every Java program you want to run on that machine - which is not a good practice because you are not testing all the Java programs on your machine using QTP. I think it does it using JAVA_OPTS or JAVA_AGENT environment variable. Check if these environment variables are set and unset them. If the exceptions persist, remove QTP from the machine or run iTest on a different machine.
0 Likes 0 ·
nattynitin avatar image
nattynitin answered ericnute converted comment to answer
Please find attached the .log file inside the .metadata folder.

.zip (2.3 KiB)
10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.