question

jus4kikz avatar image
jus4kikz asked jus4kikz posted

AeTest Rendering -- Globla Param File

I see in the TCL rendering limitations that I can't use a global parameter file but that there is an option for itest::tcexec to specify a param file to use (so it is not rendered automatically but can be specified at script runtime).  I see how I could accomplish execution of a rendered script with a param file from a generic sense but how can I modify my AeTest rendered script to include the use of a global parameter file?  Is there a library call I can manually include after rendering to accomplish this?  This is really important as I have created all my test cases based on global parameter files.

Also, how does the parameter get processed?  Is it just creating named value pairs - should I just work around this by processing the file myself?

Please help!

iTest
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
RoryL avatar image
RoryL answered RoryL posted

We added parameter file support for Aetest scripts in iTest 3.3.1. The parameter file is loaded by running the script with the optional new -itest_paramfile <paramfile_path_or_url> argument.

When itest is opened the lib loads the optional parameter file first. It then merges any test case parameters (from the rendered support script) and testbed parameters etc. so that the correct parameter values are used - both within the Tclsh context (as global tcl vars) and within iTest (to support any field replacements within testbed and session profiles)

9 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jus4kikz avatar image jus4kikz commented ·

so I did the update to version 3.3.1, and when iTest reloads it may not be recogizing / or it overwrote some of the cisco collateral... because the procedures that have "aetest_setup" "aetest_test" "aetest_cleanup" etc, all have red X's next to them saying "not supported in exec steps"

... example drop down the menu for step .. and the aetest_ options are missing... (this is in a linux version) ...

I'll go try to run it with the new libraries laoded and that -itest_parmfile when attempting to execute the aetest exported .tcl file...

0 Likes 0 ·
jus4kikz avatar image jus4kikz jus4kikz commented ·

haha, and also, the export doesnt have aetest option as well.. I should have guessed if the other stuff didnt work either...

do we need a special update to get 3.3.1 because we have different packages?

0 Likes 0 ·
OwenL avatar image OwenL jus4kikz commented ·
You need to add AETest support to the 3.3.1 install. For Windows it's iTest-aetest-win32.zip.
0 Likes 0 ·
jus4kikz avatar image jus4kikz OwenL commented ·

where can I get it?  Also, can I have one for linux also (because this is where I Have to run my aetest stuff)

(and thanks as always for the great support)

-Anthony

0 Likes 0 ·
OwenL avatar image OwenL jus4kikz commented ·

It should be part of your installation. I'll check on that.

0 Likes 0 ·
OwenL avatar image OwenL OwenL commented ·
The AETest install is specific to Cisco. Presumably you're with Cisco as you had the earlier version of AETest. Can you advise who you liased with at Fanfare for the 3.3.1 install and I'll get them to provide the 3.3.1 AETest install.
0 Likes 0 ·
BethanyW avatar image BethanyW jus4kikz commented ·

Hi Anthony,

Please contact Fanfare Customer Support about getting access to the correct files.  They will verify your support credentials and point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Bethany

0 Likes 0 ·
jus4kikz avatar image jus4kikz BethanyW commented ·
ok, will do.  thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
BillS avatar image BillS jus4kikz commented ·

Note that 3.3.1 is not tested with AETest yet - due to the SDK additions there are some issues with the Csccon and HAlib plugins delaying that. We should have that sorted out soon, just been dealing with some other priorities related to 3.3.0 deployment.

For more info email the ats-cogent Cisco internal alias.

-Bill, one of the Cisco STEP folks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.