question

JeffJ avatar image
JeffJ asked JeffJ posted

FAQ: What broke? The value of the red 'X'.

The red “X” displayed next to test case steps indicate an error or possible issue. Hovering the mouse over the icon will reveal a message explaining the issue or error.

iTest
Object Capture.gif (44.3 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
danguyen avatar image
danguyen answered danguyen posted

I got the same thing, my script execute is fine, but it show X-red and each time execute it will ask for "script error do you want to continue" message

Is this a bug or how we get rid of it?

Thanks

4 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KumarS avatar image KumarS commented ·

Jeff was simply posting a FAQ on what does the red error icon indicate in iTest testcase or test report.

When there is a red icon on a testcase step, it is not a bug in iTest - it is an error in writing the testcase and one should correct the error before executing the testcase.

When there is a red icon on a test report step, it is again not a bug in iTest - it is:

1. showing the status of an analysis rule

2. showing an error encountered while executing that step (e.g. connection to the device went down while sending a command to the device)

0 Likes 0 ·
danguyen avatar image danguyen commented ·

Like I said, it show X-red but when execute, those step are working fine. example

foreach session "router1 router2"

open          $session      project://my_project/session_profiles/$session.ffsp

command   $session       sh int

closed        $session

Could you try this and let me know, what was wrong. With my the script work fine but with X-red.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
KumarS avatar image KumarS danguyen commented ·
This has been answered else where on the forum. You have parameterized the session and the description (command) for the open step. That means iTest does not know the application for the step. You should select the step and set the default application for the step. You can do that on step properties by selecting the step and going to Advanced property page for the step in the step properties section of the testcase editor.
0 Likes 0 ·
KumarS avatar image KumarS KumarS commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.