question

mike_cameron avatar image
mike_cameron asked mnakamura answered

eCPRI testing using STC

I am trying to setup an eCPRI test using our STC. I am following the setup instructions i found on the knowledge base but i cannot find the eCPRI tab anywhere. I also cannot find eCPRI in the technology selector.

Instructions i found on knowledge base:

http://kms.spirentcom.com/CSC/STC_WebHelp/WebHelp/Content/5g/ecpri/ecpri_oview.htm

Our STC is using firmware v4.85.

Any helpgreatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Spirent TestCenter (STC)ecpri
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mnakamura avatar image
mnakamura answered mike_cameron commented

This is supported in v4.97. You may need to update your Support Entitlement and purchase the eCPRI licenses. Please see your Spirent Representative.

1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mike_cameron avatar image mike_cameron commented ·

Thanks for the update

0 Likes 0 ·
mnakamura avatar image
mnakamura answered

Which message are you sending and which results view are you using?

4.97 release notes indicate support for:

• eCPRI Device Emulation - Type 5 Message
  • eCPRI Device Emulation - Type 6 Message

You mentioned Stream block results but the eCPRI messages are control messages rather than signature packets.

The Stream block results is for Spirent signature packets.

There are eCPRI results covered under TestCenter IQ.

testcenter-iq.png (143.8 KiB)
10 |950

mike_cameron avatar image
mike_cameron answered

I now have v4.97 firmware with eCPRI technology enabled. I have tried to send an eCPRI message from one port on the STC to another port but the Rx counter on the Stream block results view is not incrementing, the Tx counter is incrementing every time the message is received.

10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.