question

lnelms avatar image
lnelms asked ovidiu_constantin edited

[Velocity 7.0] what does "x are used by other instance(s)" license usage mean?

I got a warning saying that "The license server does not have sufficient licenses. There are no inactive users to release licenses." and when I check license usage it says there are only 1/3 are used by the current instance. The other 2/3 it list as "are used by other instance(s)" and I would like to find out who is consuming those. I am not sure what that means and how I free up those licenses. Any help would be appreciated.

velocitylicense error
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
ovidiu_constantin avatar image
ovidiu_constantin answered ovidiu_constantin edited

Hi @lnelms,

You can check who/what is using the license via the Velocity VM by issuing :

lmutil lmstat -a

This will show the current status of the license server and what the current license availability and usage is.

If needed you can use lmutil to "kick" users off and check-in licenses forcefully.

The documentation for the license server is the same as for iTest and can be found here

Please note that you will require a valid CSC account to access the file.

10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.