question

lnelms avatar image
lnelms asked cwhitty answered

In Velocity, how long to activate reservation

I have some users reporting that it takes a long time to start a reservation. Is there a way in the logs I can find out how long it takes from what a user clicks on the reserve button to when it turns to an active state. This time would need to include converting the abstract to a logical resource, how long that search takes.

I have the reservation id and I see entries in the nginx-access.log but I am not able to interpret the data

logsvelocity 6.0.1
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
cwhitty avatar image
cwhitty answered

You're looking at the right log file. Find the transactions of interest and look for request_time values and that will tell you the response times your users are experiencing. In 6.1, that file will be available in JSON form as well, where request_time is numeric, so you can start doing some analytics if you want.

10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.