question

Raguraman avatar image
Raguraman asked drakesh answered

I have iTest 4.2 installed and have created a IxNetwork session (7.0 API). Need some help on how to capture and analyze packets from the IxNetwork session

iTestixNetwork
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drakesh avatar image
drakesh answered

Could you please download the demo video from below box link.

https://spirent.app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_32423617565

You just create a configuration file from IxNetworkGUI and load it from iTest Ixia IxNetwork session profile by referring the video.

Note: As per the iTest v4.2 installation guide IxNetwork 7.0 is not the supported version. But you can give a try with this version and see whether it is working or not.ixnetwork.jpg

ixnetwork.jpg (51.0 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drakesh avatar image
drakesh answered

Using the "save capture [<port>] <captureFile>" we can save the captured data from specified port and open it from wireshark to see the packets. I dont think so we have an option to view the captured packets from IxNetwork session.

10 |950

Raguraman avatar image
Raguraman answered

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your response. However, I couldnt see any demo video in the link you have specified. It says Access Restricted or Video not found.

By the way, I have created the configuration file from IxNetwork GUI and loading it through Ixia IxNetwork session as you mentioned. All are working fine as expected. I could start/stop traffic, get traffic status etc from the iTest IxNetwork session. There is even a command for "start capture >ports> " and "stop capture <ports>" and when executing these commands it says successful. I dont have any command to view the captured packets. This is the problem.

IxNetwork /> start capture "A6-7:5 10G fiber"

Starting capture on port 'A6-7:5 10G fiber' ...

OK

Successfully started capture

IxNetwork /> stop capture "A6-7:5 10G fiber"

Stopping capture on port 'A6-7:5 10G fiber' .OK

Successfully stopped capture

IxNetwork /> display ?

[<args>] - Optional path segments to be appended to current object path

-filter - Displays only rows that pass through this filter

<cr>

IxNetwork /> show ?

stats - Shows statistics

traffic - Shows traffic

10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.