question

jvr1967 avatar image
jvr1967 asked Spirent_Admin edited

itestcli runs with lag

I am invoking iTest test cases from Tomcat. While each test case runs it updates a DB table entry about progress.

I am noticing that there is some kind of lag between when the test case is started and it actually running.

It seems to take significantly longer (minutes instead of seconds!) than when invoked directly from a command prompt.

Can someone suggest what could be causing this? I am having to build in delays between test case execution to cater for this lag but I don't see any reason for the lag except for some kind of scheduling constraint imposed by iTest.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Reynolds

iTestitestcliprompt
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
amresh avatar image
amresh answered amresh posted

Hi Jim,

When you use command prompt directly it doesn't learn the prompts and starts execution but when you will invoke you test case through the itestcli, itest tries to learn the prompts. So it takes longer time.

So when you are creating your test case make sure all the prompts are defined properly.

I hope it will help you.

1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jvr1967 avatar image jvr1967 commented ·

Amresh

Thanks for the response.

Can you expand on this behaviour as it seems strange?

When I run the command from CLI it runs quite fast. When I call iTest from Tomcat it seems to run very slowly. There is some kind of lag being introduced.

What happens is I call the test case from Tomcat using itestcli & while the test case runs it updates a DB table about what it's doing. This is for debug purposes. When the Tomcat invokes itestcli (via a system call) the test case completes & returns very quickly (almost instantly) but it hasn't actually completed because there is a delay with the DB table being updated with the progress that it's making.

If I remove the delay between running test cases I find that the previous test case has not completed before the new one is started and so we have lots of problems so the delay is necessary.

Any help appreciate.

-- Jim

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.