question

NickK avatar image
NickK asked amichaels answered

Response map matching all output, not only specified command

I've created a response map to return the details for a specific command pmap -d.

It is checking for a structured text response using text output.

On the Applicability tab, I have set this map to only match this command (pmap -d *, wildcard compare properties) yet when I run my test case, the response map is used against every command, such as ls -t.

The file itself is marked with a red cross, yet I cannot see anything wrong with it.

I'd appreciate advice on where I'm going wrong.

commandsresponse maps
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

amichaels avatar image
amichaels answered

To view the specific problem, open the "Problems" view Window->show view->Problems

This view will show you all the current problems in your workspace. You can use the various columns to figure out the problem with your response map.

As for your specific question, does your applicability rule specify a session type? Is the pmap command being sent to a device? If so, you can set the applicable session type in the applicability page for the response map, and that should prevent the map being applied to every step.

10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drakesh avatar image
drakesh answered

Please share us the response map file to fix this issue completely.

10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.