question

udaya avatar image
udaya asked ksukesh edited

Ipv6 modification in bound streamblock

Would like to change the Ipv6 source/dest address in case of a bound streamblock. But STC is NOT allowing. If I am trying the same with Ipv4 , then I can do it by adding a range modifier. Is there anyway to do similar in ipv6. or Is is restricted for any reason. I am with STC -VM v4.46

Spirent TestCenter (STC)guistreamblockboundstreamblock
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ksukesh avatar image
ksukesh answered udaya commented

Hi Udaya,

By enabling "Use streams" option, I was able to generate the traffic with the IPv6 address specified in value field. Please check if it helps.

Regards, Sukesh

1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

udaya avatar image udaya commented ·

Thanks. But in ipv4 case it is very simple!

0 Likes 0 ·
udaya avatar image
udaya answered

Hi Sukesh,

Yes, the modifier would be there , but if you go to preview the change (specified in value field ) would be not there. I also captured packets but the destination packets are device interface (means the original values , rather than specified in modifier). but in v4 it would be the modified. and the pcap files have the desired destinations...

10 |950

ksukesh avatar image
ksukesh answered ksukesh edited

Hi Uday, I am able to see the modifier.

Is my understanding correct?

ipv6_modifier.png (124.4 KiB)
10 |950