question

ashiverma avatar image
ashiverma asked ashiverma commented

How can i replay the recorded file from GSS6425 RPS on another GSS6425 ?

In line with my question > I need to replay a recorded session from one GSS6425 (say unit A) to another GSS 6425 (say unit B) (without the need to copy files on shared drive from unit A & then copy the file to unit B). Can i connect unit A directly on to a LAN network & access the files remotely on another unit B to play the recorded file from unit A ? I am sure it's possible but i am unable to find a pointer to where i should start from.
capturePositioninggss6425replayfilezilla
1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ashiverma avatar image ashiverma commented ·

I managed to make the set up to play files from 1 RPS unit to 2nd RPS unit connected over same network.

0 Likes 0 ·
MarkHunter avatar image
MarkHunter answered

Great! Of course you can now easily copy the data from A to B to free up network bandwidth and more importantly avoid any detrimental packet loss.

1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ashiverma avatar image ashiverma commented ·

Yes, right. I still need to test how would slow network throughput will affect the Replay & so how the RPS handles the loss(meaning will it throw any error or stop playing the file).

0 Likes 0 ·
ashiverma avatar image
ashiverma answered ashiverma commented

To enhance the throughput further, use RPS to share data files over NAS servers (check the protocol your network is most compatible with) which would further help in creating mirror image of files on servers across different locations. Doing this replay units can directly play the files from these NAS servers instead of the need to copy it locally on units.

2 comments
10 |950

MarkHunter avatar image MarkHunter commented ·

Have you actually done this? Are testing results as good as reading the file locally?

0 Likes 0 ·
ashiverma avatar image ashiverma MarkHunter commented ·

Not yet Mark but we are quite confident about sharing & replay of files via NAS servers & we are in process of getting infrastructure ready.

Confidence comes from round of tests done with Shared drives (the results of which were acceptable). Though you need good network speed (~1gig of speed over LAN).

Will share a user guide to do so once i have final results.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.