question

udaya avatar image
udaya asked ksukesh edited

How can I do Ethernet padding in ARP ?

In N2X, we can add ethernet padding under ARP header in streamblocks. But I could not find similar option/field in STC GUI. ![alt text][1] Please help or suggest how to do ethernet padding in arp pdu in STC. I need the api for this purpose. [1]: /storage/temp/3828-arp1.jpg
Spirent TestCenter (STC)apiarpN2X
arp1.jpg (59.2 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ksukesh avatar image
ksukesh answered ksukesh edited
Hi Udaya, you can refer to this link for information on API to add streamblock with custom header http://docid.spirent.com/SOL11206
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

udaya avatar image
udaya answered LarryVeilleux commented
Hi Larry, Thanks :) . Yes I need to add custom header after the ARP. Could you suggest the steps or APIs to achieve. I have created a custom header under streamblock (stc::create custom:Custom -under streamblock3 ), but NOT finding enough information to modify the desired.
1 comment
10 |950

LarryVeilleux avatar image LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
I cannot since I'm not an API guy. Hopefully somebody else will reply.
0 Likes 0 ·
LarryVeilleux avatar image
LarryVeilleux answered LarryVeilleux edited
I am assuming this would be to generate custom "ARP" traffic and not for actual an ARP from say a Device. To do that create a Raw Stream Block delete the IP header and add an ARP header. The "padding" aspect would be a function of one of two things: 1) The frame length and the Payload Fill, or 2) If you add a custom header after the ARP header, or both. In either case you probably want to disable the Signature Field.
10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.