question

immowetzel avatar image
immowetzel asked ericnute edited

export test results from results db via tcl

Hi, How can I export test results from the testresults.db from a testcenter run via tcl into a excel file? I like to see only streamblockresults->detail streamblocks and I like to get the test duration ? -> how long these test (streamblocks) were running. Any proposals ?
Spirent TestCenter (STC)tcl script
2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

LarryVeilleux avatar image LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
Are you running the test from the GUI? And, can you fix the time that the test will run or does it need to be different each time?
0 Likes 0 ·
immowetzel avatar image immowetzel LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
it will be different each time... usually we start the test from tcl without any GUI for sure we could use tcl to determine the traffic duration somehow but there is definitly a differentce between start traffic command and real transfer...
0 Likes 0 ·
mjefferson avatar image
mjefferson answered LarryVeilleux edited
I'm attaching an example script that demonstrates [link text][1] one way of generating CSV file, from the results database, using Spirent TestCenter API. As for trying to determine how long traffic was running...that's a little more challenging. [1]: /storage/temp/3780-export2csv.tcl

export2csv.tcl (6.0 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

immowetzel avatar image
immowetzel answered ericnute edited
How can I define a different path than the one inside the install dir for the template which is used from: stc::perform ExportDbResults -TemplateUri "templates/DetailStats.rtp" \ -ResultDbFile $resultsdbfilename \ -Format "CSV" \ -ResultFileName "SimpleExportedResults" Which options and paths are possible for the template URI ?
10 |950

LBalcerak avatar image
LBalcerak answered immowetzel commented
For some additional information regarding results within the Spirent TestCenter API you can view the slides on results within the Basic Flow of Spirent TestCenter 2.0 Automation module (TRN10295) of the ---Essentials of Spirent TestCenter 2.0 Automation course--- (TRN10277) available on the Spirent KB located on the CSC web-site ( support.spirent.com).
3 comments
10 |950

immowetzel avatar image immowetzel commented ·
for what ever reason I can not find these articles.. Neither (TRN10295) nor (TRN10277)
0 Likes 0 ·
LarryVeilleux avatar image LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
Go to http://support.spirent.com, then you need to sign in first. Then search for those two article numbers.
0 Likes 0 ·
immowetzel avatar image immowetzel LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
I just see a few TRNs but not these. My Supporte engeneer from spirent munich can see much more. Whats wrong ?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.