question

LarryVeilleux avatar image
LarryVeilleux asked Philip.Joung commented

When should I include a Product tag like iTest with my question?

As I see new questions coming into the forum related to iTest I see that some include the iTest tag and some don't. For example, there was a question "ItestRt standalone" which the person that asked the question only tagged with itestrt. Or another question "port pop-up window not seen" which contained the tags ixNetwork, 5.7, and ports. Then I notice that this Larry guy eventually added the iTest tag to them.
FAQSpirent Forums
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
ericnute avatar image
ericnute answered Philip.Joung commented
Every question should include a Product Group tag, such as iTest, Studio Security, Avalanche, Avalache Next, Positioning, Spirent TestCenter(STC). These tags will help the relevant experts see your question more quickly and therefore help you get an answer more quickly. Tags like iTest Enterprise are useful for classifying a specific feature or product within a Product Group, but they can not substitute for a Product Group tag. Questions without appropriate Product Group tags should get updated by moderators, including that Larry guy.
3 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

LarryVeilleux avatar image LarryVeilleux ♦♦ commented ·
The main Product groups discussed on Spirent Forums include the following: Abacus, Avalanche, Avalanche NEXT, Axon, iTest, Landslide, Perform, Positioning, REACT, Service Experience, Spirent TestCenter, STCLive, Tech-X, Wireless
1 Like 1 ·
Philip.Joung avatar image Philip.Joung ♦ commented ·

Please note that many people setup subscriptions to follow Product Group Topics (these are by far the most popular Topic subscriptions within the Spirent Forums), so you can dramatically increase the number of people that see your question by taking this simple step. Under certain circumstances, a properly tagged question will get 10 to 20 times the views of a poorly tagged question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Philip.Joung avatar image Philip.Joung ♦ commented ·

Do not create overly complex Topics, as those do not help make your posting more visible. For example, rather than creating a topic "latest download for Avalanche", use two more general Topics "downloads" and "Avalanche".

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.