question

DebbieLandis avatar image
DebbieLandis asked LarryVeilleux answered

Abacus SIP Testing Transcoding between G.711 and G.722?

I'm trying to test transcoding through a SIP SUT using one ICG3 card configured for G.711 originating calls and one ICG3 card configured for G.722 terminating calls. I'm getting a codec mismatch error no matter which .wav file I choose to send.
AbacussipG.711G.722transcoding
2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DebbieLandis avatar image DebbieLandis ♦ commented ·
.wav files for use with Abacus testing install in the c:\Abacus 5000\Version\SOUNDS directory. There are files for G.711 testing and files for G.722 testing, but the SAME file must be used for the originate and terminate channel for Voice Quality testing, and there is no one audio file in both different formats.
0 Likes 0 ·
DebbieLandis avatar image DebbieLandis ♦ commented ·
I found a free audio converter that allowed me to convert existing SOUND files into the correct format. http://lp.koyotesoft.com/?sysid=410&appid=144&dynid=g_34505838453_free%20audio%20converter_e_&gclid=CMSD6ummlLkCFa9cQgodARgAAw (Uncheck all the additional things it wants to install and decline all the offers, it seems to do a clean, low overhead install) G.711 requires a .wav formatted with 8 bit linear, 8Khz sampling G.722 requires a .wav formatted with 16 bit linear, 16Khz sampling
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

DebbieLandis avatar image
DebbieLandis answered
Using the same audio source and a file formatted for each codec, I was able to successfully test transcoding from G.711 to G.722 though my SUT. The files I converted are attached for anyone else who needs to test transcoding.

10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.