question

lciuk avatar image
lciuk asked ericnute edited

RFC 2544 Frame Loss - problem with longer test

I looked for answer for my question on this forum but I didn't find so I am wrtiting my question here. I have a big problem with my Spirent TestCenter. I try to make a RFC 2544 Frame Loss test. My supervisor really would like to carry out 15 minutes of UDP packets test. Everything is ok but only for 5 minutes test. Above this periode of time my results are completely without sense (eg. 50% of loss for line without noises). More details: I try to make Frame Loss test on 1000 metres of VDSL line. Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem? [1]: /storage/temp/3616-settings2.png [2]: /storage/temp/3615-settings1.png
Spirent TestCenter (STC)rfc 2544frame lossvdsl
settings1.png (45.2 KiB)
settings2.png (46.1 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

LarryVeilleux avatar image
LarryVeilleux answered
Please try and run the test with just a short cable (about 1 meter) and see if you get the same result. Essentially with the ports back-to-back.
1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lciuk avatar image lciuk commented ·
Thanks for asnwer and your advices but I found solution of my problem already. It wasn't cause of Spirent :) It is some problem with DSLAM and optical port, which drops packets after around 5 minuts test. Greetings, Lucas
0 Likes 0 ·