question

MissingScrews avatar image
MissingScrews asked udaya answered

"Error writing to file: This file system is read only" Error

When I run tests through the iTest GUI I do not get an error but when I run the tests through runtime I get "Error writing to file: This file system is read only". Any idea on what this could be? Is my filesystem messed up?
iTesterror message
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

udaya avatar image
udaya answered
I believe your iTest GUI is running with admin privilege but NOT the commandline or terminal. Please make sure you have require permissions or start commandline with admin privilege
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madhuri avatar image
madhuri answered
It seems your script/test is trying to save/write some data in a file and due to the lack of permissions it might be throwing this error. Could you please try by giving the full permissions (read/write/execute) to iTestRT folder located in iTest installation directory and also the file location where you are trying to save the file. Hope it helps you!
10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.