question

baburajiv avatar image
baburajiv asked LarryVeilleux answered

arp fails on spirent ports after router reboot.

Hi , i have connected two spirent ports to a router , after reboot of router when it comesup arp fails on spirent ports. have send send arp(), need to use any other subroutine in the script..? regards, Baburajiv.
Spirent TestCenter (STC)arp
1 comment
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

baburajiv avatar image baburajiv commented ·
each of the spirent ports are configured with 5 logical units i.e 5 ip addresses.
0 Likes 0 ·
Yaseen avatar image
Yaseen answered ericnute edited
Hi Baburajiv, Could you please have a look at the below KB link, which reports the similar issue in CV/MX modules. [http://docid.spirent.com/KNI10313][1] [1]: http://docid.spirent.com/KNI10313 If this is the same issue you are facing then I suggest you to contact the Spirent TestCenter support (email to : support@spirent.com) to get the information on CR. Hope this helps! Thanks!
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

LarryVeilleux avatar image
LarryVeilleux answered
Try and wait longer to reinititate ARP after your Router comes up. You need to wait long enouugh for protocols to converge. Check the interfaces on your router to make sure they are up and that can you ping them. After that try to stop and then restart your test.
10 |950

byan avatar image
byan answered
Hi Baburajiv, I believe your question is not iTest issue. Do you find this question by using native STC GUI ? Thanks
10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.