question

Dennis avatar image
Dennis asked byan answered

How can I execute "firewall test" which was displayed in Avalanche commander online help?

Hi all, I found there is a chapter in Avalanche commander online help that shows how to run a firewall test. That chapter shows messages below: ---------- **Creating a Firewall test** To create a firewall test: 1. Click the **New test** icon. 2. List item 3. Select the project in which you want to create the firewall test, or clieck Create **New Project**, and then create a new project for the test. 4. Click **Next**. 5. Enter a name for the test in the Test Name field, and then click **Next**. 6. Select **Test Methodologies**. 7. Select **Baseline Firewall Testing Methodology**. 8. Click **Finish**. You're now ready to configure the firewall test. ---------- I can't find either the options "Test methodologies" or "Baseline Firewall Testing Methodology" in setp 5 and setp 6. In step 5, it shows "Select the general category of test you wish to create" and the options are "Application -- Avalanche emulates clients only." and "Device -- Avalanche emulates both clients and servers." My Avalanche commander version is Avalanche 7.57 Build 45500. Do I miss anthying? Thanks in advance. Dennis
Avalanchefirewall test
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mrhines avatar image
mrhines answered mrhines edited
The Baseline Firewall Testing Methodology option was a licensed feature in 7.5x, if your current license does not contain this feature the option would not be exposed. License key requests should be sent to support@spirent.com with your serial number. Please note 7.5x is a legacy Avalanche release, the Baseline Firewall Testing Methodology option was removed in later releases (2.xx was the next release after 7.5x).
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

byan avatar image
byan answered
Hi Dennis Avalanche 7.57 is a very old version, I believe it was released 6 years ago. In recent Avalanche build, there is no this Firewall Methodologies. Regards, Bill
10 |950

sandeepreddynv avatar image
sandeepreddynv answered
Hi Dennis, It looks like this is direct Avalanche issue. Could you please reach out support@spirent.com with your issue. If you have any queries regarding iTest please feel free to post and we will be glad to help you !! Regards, Sandeep NV
10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.