question

Yas avatar image
Yas asked udaya answered

MySQL 5.6 ERROR 1071 Specified key was too long

Hi, Does iTest 4.2 support MySQL 5.6 for external database ? I didn't see this error using older MySQL. I encountered "ERROR 1071 (42000): Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes" during external database setup. ------------------------------------------------------------- C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysql -u admin -p Enter password: *********** Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 25 Server version: 5.6.10-log MySQL Community Server (GPL) Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. mysql> mysql> create database itestdb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec) mysql> use itestdb; Database changed mysql> source 104746415.MySqlSchema.sql Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.08 sec) Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.05 sec) Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.25 sec) Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0 Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning (0.27 sec) Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 1 ERROR 1071 (42000): Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.28 sec) -------------------------------------------------------- Thank you
iTestMySQL
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
udaya avatar image
udaya answered
Hi Yas, I have my set up with both 5.1 and 5.5 and not seeing any issues. I am suspecting there may be some issues with 5.6 with colmn data type defination due to extra large( not sure). Regards, Udaya
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.