question

dclaar avatar image
dclaar Suspended asked dclaar Suspended posted

Automatic pattern matching failure

I have output that looks like:  

read_reqs:132 read_client_reqs: 111 read_retry_reqs:4

When I told iTest to automatically generate a response map, it came back with exactly one pattern, for the only line with whitespace. None of the other lines came up with any form of RM--they were just ignored.

This is rather annoying, as there are many, many lines of output. If I select e.g. the first line and tell iTest to create a pattern, it figures it out OK, but with tons of lines of output, this isn't really very fun. How come the automagic thingie didn't figure this out?

Oh, and when there's a lot of patterns, the default naming of the patterns really doesn't work. If I need to modify read_retry_reqs, somehow I have to guess that it is "pattern53". Since iTest is already creating queries, such as read_retry_reqs(), it would be easy for it to call the pattern "read_retry_reqs_pattern". This would be a really useful enhancement!

iTestresponse mapfeature request
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
AdamB avatar image
AdamB answered AdamB posted

We will look into this and see if we can enhance this going forward.  The default naming could definitely be improved. 

I believe that the reason that you only see the one with whitespace mapped is that we aren't trying to be too agressive with the mapping.  We only want to map things we are sure of.  I think that this can also be improved and will be looked at.

10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.