question

Ltblue2006 avatar image
Ltblue2006 asked Ltblue2006 posted

Problem with response map.

Hi,

I am facing an issue on creating response map of a file having more than 100 rows. It works fine when I am having less number of rows.

When I tried to create a response map for a file having more than 100 rows, only first 100 rows got mapped.

iTestresponse map
map1.JPG (118.8 KiB)
map2.JPG (78.2 KiB)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ltblue2006 avatar image
Ltblue2006 answered Ltblue2006 posted

I got the solution. By default iTest is set to respod for 100 queries only.

We can change it from

windows-> preference->iTest->response map -> maximum number of queries in group to evaluate = set any value.

Thanks & Regards

Ltblue

2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ramarb avatar image ramarb commented ·

Good work

0 Likes 0 ·
PaulD avatar image PaulD commented ·

It's very important to understand what this actually means.  Regardless of the setting for this preference, you are able to query data from ANY group -- including those above 100 (or wherever the preference is set to).  This preference is really effectively about what blue boxes will show up in the Response view -- so that you can point-and-click to access a query, rather than having to enter the query directly.

The reason for this limit is performance.  Remember that in order to show the blue boxes, iTest has to perform an XPATH query on the step for every query and for every row.  This can turn into a LOT of work.  But suppose that you want to have an analysis rule that pulls data from the 200th row.  You can just enter the query directly where you are adding the analysis rule and fill in the arguments for that query manually.

I strongly suggest that you avoid setting this preference to a very large number.  You'll find that performance will degrade as iTest has to do a lot of work every time you click on a step with a large table.

One way that you can still work using point-and-click (i.e., blue boxes) is as follows:

• If the item you need is not in a blue box (because of this limit), pick a similar item that is mapped and create the analysis rule you need accordingly
  • Once complete, in the test case editor expand the rule, and modify the query to use the argument you actually want

0 Likes 0 ·
Ltblue2006 avatar image
Ltblue2006 answered Ltblue2006 posted

I am attaching response map and input file.

responsemap.zip (14.1 KiB)
1 comment
10 |950

ramarb avatar image ramarb commented ·

Hmm.. it swallows other lines exceeding 100. Even if I change start line to 100, it considers just 100 only.

But, custom queries worked fine; means structure view is well enough.

given up, over to experts...

0 Likes 0 ·
ramarb avatar image
ramarb answered ramarb posted

Table map works for multiple instances. Not sure if any license restriction plays here. 

However, can you attach your response file if possible?

10 |950

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.