question

GregM avatar image
GregM asked GregM posted

Is there a way to change the iTest Swing properties extraction actions?

I'm working with Java Swing applications that are sensitive to right-hand mouse clicks which interfer with iTest's show object (ctrl-right-hand-mouse) and context menu (shift-right-hand mouse).  Can these be changed to say, ctrl-middle-mouse and shift-middle-mouse?
iTestGUI Testing(Web-Java Swing-etc)
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
PreetS avatar image
PreetS answered PreetS posted

which one is taking precidence at the moment? The application's menu or iTest's actions?

If it is the application's then it is just fine because you can use iTest's actions by uring middle click as well. They work with right and middle click.

2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GregM avatar image GregM commented ·

What I'm seeing is

1. Recording right-hand-mouse context menu actions (v3.4 GA) doesn't seem to work
  2. iTest context menu does not come up on these right-hand-mouse-sensitive objects (I haven't tried editing the meta-action in the session profile yet) 
  3. Identifying right-hand-mouse-sensitive objects works with CTRL-Middle-mouse works in Linux, but now with Windows

Are there any other settings I can try to work around these?

0 Likes 0 ·
PreetS avatar image PreetS GregM commented ·

I think this may be a limitation to our current implementation of swing capture.

Capturing using the old way (as in 3.3) should still work fine. 

What kind of control are you recording context menu actions on? Is it a tree? a table? a button?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.