- A command prompt is open in a subdirectory of iTes
- A file is open by some other program (e.g. IE or Windows explorer is running and it loads dlls through Windows registry which includes iTestExtension.dll)
To remove the corrupted iTest installation and InstallAnywhere registry file, follow these steps:
- Close any programs that open iTest files/folders.
- Delete the iTest install folder (including program menu and desktop shortcut on Windows).
- Delete the iTest entry in .com.zerog.registry.xml file or delete the whole file. This file is located in $HOME on Unix or "C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry\" on windows.
- Delete Windows registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\iTest <version>.