question

acastaner avatar image
acastaner asked acastaner posted

Minimum & Recommended system configuration

Hi,

I can't find anywhere the minimum (or recommended) system requirements (RAM, CPU, disk space) for iTest. Where can I find this?

iTestinstallation - licensing
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
BethanyW avatar image
BethanyW answered BethanyW posted

I believe those details are included in the iTest Installation Guide.  If you don't have a local copy of that document, it is available for download on our customer support portal.  (If you don't have portal access, you can put in a request through our support department.)

-Bethany

2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acastaner avatar image acastaner commented ·

I have iTest installed and cannot find the document you mentionned. I also can't find a link to the CSP. I don't think it should be so difficult to find such a simple information...

0 Likes 0 ·
KumarS avatar image KumarS acastaner commented ·

In order to install iTest, you must have gotten iTest installer from Fanfare support account. When you download the iTest installer, you will also find a number of other files on the support portal. Some of these are: Installation Guide, Compatibility Guide, etc...

Installation Guide very clearly mentions system requirements for iTest and supported platforms and integrations.

But here is the information for you for recommended specs:

RAM - 1GB or more

CPU - 2 GHz or faster

Disk space - 40 GB or more available for additional storage.

Reality is that if you are working with modern operating systems and have 1 GB RAM, your operating system and other apps have already consumed most of the memory and therefore, you are going to be in trouble. So I would personally recommend 2GB or more for running iTest properly. I would also suggest this to our team which generates these guidelines that we should increase minimum RAM requirements to 2GB.

If you run 64-bit operating systems, minimum RAM requirements should be 4GB because on 64-bit o/s, memory requirement for base operating system and basic apps like mail, web browser are doubled and consequently the system ends up behaving as a 32-bit o/s with 2 GB of RAM.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.