question

arodriguez avatar image
arodriguez asked arodriguez posted

Too many commands too fast DL & Cisco

On both of the Cisco and the Digital Lightwave both have issues in timing. They both need timed delays between each command because they cannot handle all of the commands at one time. They lock up on me. We have tried twice now.  I have the testcases but I do not want to go through another restart of the network because it backs up on so many things being sent too fast for it.

Can this be slowed or should I insert a timed item in the General Tab or if not then where and how?

iTest
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
PaulD avatar image
PaulD answered PaulD posted

There is a Timing set of properties on each step.  You can set any delay you want between steps.  The default is zero.  

Note that you can select a lot of steps and make the same change for all selected steps at once.

2 comments
10 |950

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

arodriguez avatar image arodriguez commented ·
That works, thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
KumarS avatar image KumarS arodriguez commented ·
you can also set the character send interval on your telnet session properties to slow down the commands.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.